Born in 1988 in Toruń. Lives and works in Warsaw.
A graduate of the Academy of Fine Arts in Wrocław (2014) and inter-departmental doctoral studies at the same university (2017). She works in painting, video, creates painting objects, installations in public space.
Her activities include a great sensitivity to architecture as a tool for organizing social life. It balances on the border of what disturbs privacy and what gives us security, both in the sphere of registering someone’s image, interpersonal relations and shelter.
In 2015-2019, she co-founded the Wykwit gallery. Member of the management board of Wytwórnia Wykwitex since 2017. Since 2019, together with Iwona Ogrodzka, she has been co-creating the nomadic initiative Why Quit.
– Honorary distinction of the 14 IN OUT FESTIVAL,
Laznia Center for Contemporary Art
– Scholarship of the Minister of Culture and National Heritage
– KulturKontakt Austria Artists-in-Residence Programm (AT)
– WARTO cultural award (Wykwit Gallery) Gazeta Wyborcza (PL)
– Nominations for the EMOCJE award, radio Wrocław (PL)
– Nomination (Wykwit Gallery) for the “O” O.pl Award. Polish Cultural Portal in the category of visual arts & photography, (PL)
– Nomination (Wykwit Gallery) for the WARTO cultural award, Gazeta Wyborcza, (PL)
– Sale of the painting ‘Pastel residential estate’, National Museum, collection of Contemporary Art in Gdańsk, (PL)
– Winning Open Call project, Artloop Festival: Cumulation, State Art Gallery, Sopot, (PL)
-1st place in the competition for the concept of the exhibition, Nowa Gazownia, Poznań, (PL)
– Winning project in the Fresh Zone competition, ArtBoom Festival, Krakow, (PL)
– Award of the Speaker of the Sejm of the Republic of Poland Radosław Sikorski, 43 Salon Zimowy, Radom, (PL)
– Prime Minister of the Republic of Poland Ewa Kopacz, 43 Salon Zimowy, Radom, (PL)
– Award of the Marshal of Lower Silesia, Promotions 2014, Galeria Legnica, (PL)
– Format Magazine Award, Promotions 2014, Galeria Legnica, (PL)
-The best diploma of the cathedral of painting, The Eugeniusz Geppert Academy of Art and Design, Wrocław, BWA Awangarda Gallery, Wrocław, (PL)
The issues I tackle often determine the media I work with, such as painting, video, painting objects, and installations in public space. My activities include a great sensitivity to architecture as a tool for organizing social life. The creative process is based mainly on the observation of the immediate surroundings, which can include the family home, city or society.
I believe that one of the most important social competences that determines the quality of relationships with other people is the ability to create relationships and cooperation. In order for something to be created in any place and time, people with common goals and a similar system of values are needed. The tool of the group concerned with social welfare is cooperation. As long as it is not an innovative phenomenon, today it can be considered unique, so I try to cultivate especially this aspect of my activity. In 2015-2019, I co-created the Wykwit gallery. I have been a board member of the Wykwitex collective since 2017. In 2019, together with Iwona Ogrodzka, I co-created the nomadic initiative Why Quit.
I balance on the border of what disturbs privacy and what gives us security, both in the sphere of registering someone’s image, family relations or simply interpersonal relations. In my projects, there is often a family theme. My family is actively involved in projects that involve them. Conscious cooperation with the family is an additional and very important aspect in this type of realization, which allows me to maintain the real context. Private stories and experiences become a pretext for discussing social problems such as mental illness, addictions or homelessness.